The total number of school staff involved in the project activities is 24.
Twelve of them will be enrolled to attend the courses at IPC in Exeter (UK), the other twelve will attend the courses at UEC in Riga (Latvia). This twofold path of instruction will enable the formation of two teams of specialized teachers. Before the beginning of the dissemination phase, each team will be invited to share the acquired knowledge with the other, in order to develop an omogeneous team of specialized teachers. The fulfilment of this phase of exchanging knowledge will be concretized thanks to a series of internal meetings organized at ITET Pio La Torre. Each team will be responsible of both instruction and assessment of the other team.
The main chronology concerning the project activities is the following:
+ Phase 1 (Preparation, July 2015 to September 2015): The develpment of all necessary preliminary stages for selecting and preparing the school staff for their involvement into the project. These activities will be carried out mainly at ITET Pio La Torre by the school staff.
+ Phase 2 (Instruction, October 2015/November 2015): The selected teachers will attend the following courses,
at IPC (Exeter, UK):
- CLIL for Secondary Teachers: The course will comprise personal language development, classroom language and presentation skills as well as techniques to help teachers deliver their subject content in English. Participants will be helped to create lesson plans for teaching specific subjects and will be introduced to techniques which can be adapted to suit their classroom context.
- Developing Oral Fluency in the Secondary English Language Classroom: This two week course explores techniques to motivate and encourage secondary level learners to use the language as a tool for real communication. Personal language development concentrates on oral fluency and colloquial English. Methodology concentrates on practical ideas for teaching Secondary level students.
- Better English For Teachers: designed for teachers who wish to improve their knowledge of the English Language as well as their ability to use English more confidently and accurately.
and at UEC (Riga, Latvia):
- European Diversity Education: The course will focus on diversity at school and society and how these affect facilitation of a group, a team or simply a class. This seminar will give the necessary motivation to educators, consultants, coaches and other professionals to look at diversity and group dynamics and how these dynamics change and evolve as time passes.
- Inclusion in European Context: The seminar will provide insights to participants as to how to better use and utilize their unique talents when facilitating groups or teaching classes within a European context. These different talents can add to the life of the group, facilitating the inclusion process in multicultural learning environments.
- European Entrepreneurship Education and creativity: Entrepreneurship is one of the key objectives of the EU's policy Education and Training 2020 Creativity is one of the key objectives of the EU's policy Education and Training 2020.
+ Phase 3 (Sharing, January 2015 to April 2016): ITET Pio La Torre will undertake to the role of organizing and coordinating the process of sharing the acquired knowledge among the two teams of teachers involved in the project.
+ Phase 4 (Dissemination, May 2016 to June 2017): This phase will be carried out mainly with the specific support of CEIPES. In particular three levels of dissemination are planned:
- Local Dissemination (Internal to ITET Pio La Torre, May 2016 to September 2016);
- Regional Dissemination (From ITET Pio La Torre to other Schools in the Region, October 2016 to March 2017);
- National Dissemination (From ITET Pio La Torre to other Schools/Educational Associations in Italy, April 2017 to June 2017)
A common important aspect of this three-level phase of dissemination is the involvement of political stakeolders and associations in the field of education into the main outcomes obtained from the project.